The VIAC7 Primary x86 CPU (up to 1.5GHz frequency) with CX 700 Companion chipset allows this Mobile Computer to supply a remarkable flexibility and efficiency in computing power. The Secondary AITP (Automotive Intensive Task Processor) CPU supplies the necessary functionalities in the automotive field, like power management, Safe Shutdown, Wheel Pulses Odometer, Distance and Speed calculation, Wake-Up On Ring, Over-the-Air services for software and firmware updates.
The AITP is OTA programmable for remote automatic firmware upgrade and can be always powered ON; it can turn ON and OFF the Device and all its peripherals.
VERY HIGH PERFORMANCE VIDEOGRABBER COMBINED WITH THE HIGH FLEXIBILITY OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS EMBEDDED
Digitax M2 Display and VideoGrabber application
The 4GMCU+ provides DVR functionalities (Digital Video Recorder) through the 3 Independent Channel Video Grabber able to perform MPEG4 and H264 compression in PAL/NTSC format up to 25 fps refresh rate.
The power of the three ARM CPUs for the video coding and compression with the flexibility of Windoes Embedded Standard Operative System, allow to use this Device to perform any video surveillance and accident data recorder request (such as cyclic recording, recording on alarm event, remote transfer of real-time video and historical videos).
In fact the advanced Microsoft Windows Operative System and the Digitax libraries allow to develop simple and fast applications in the most popular programming languages (such as Java, qT, C/C++, C# .NET, VB .NET) capable of handling Over-IP video streams.
IDEAL FOR FLEET MANAGEMENT AND JOB DISPATCHING
The Device represents the state-of-the-art device for job dispatching and fleets management, a separate CPU – Display powerful solution. The HSUPA modem allows very reliable and high speed communication with operating headquarters for device tracking and remote real-time video viewing/storing. The vehicle is located by the high performance GPS U-Blox 6 receiver with 50 channels, over 2 million of correlators and compatible with the new European positioning system GALILEO.
An Hardware MUX Port is available which allows to send AT commands to the modem while the device is connected in HSUPA, for example to send/receive SMS or request connection status, signal diagnostic and modem statistics.
All the communication and tracking features are assured by the AITP processor even when the Device and the Operative System are powered OFF: the GPS and Modem modules are managed by the AITP both for power supply and for communication.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
The Device supplies a wide range of communication channels with the external environment. The three RS232 / RS422 / RS485 ports and the three power outputs allow the device to manage the power and control the Pan, Tilt and Zoom (PTZ) of the cameras.
The others special programmable digital inputs and outputs allow to control devices and read signals coming from generic external equipments.
SERVICE POWER KEY
The Service power key is a Smart Power Button, completely programmable and used to perform several important tasks such as:
- normal press to start from Internal Flash Disk
- long press to start from SDHC Card
- long press to Shutdown Windows OS safely
DUAL BOOT FEATURE
Through this powerful functionality is possible to restore and to update the entire system anytime, starting from user application up to the complete operating system and all the CPU firmwares. The system is able to boot from two different disks:
- Flash Disk, used for applications and data
- SDHC for large data storage (large maps, images, movies, logs) and for service (system initialization or Full System restore)
Stealth mode is a special operating mode in which the system is working but the display is OFF. This feature can be useful in several situations:
- Driver Control: System has also the wake up on ring feature, so at the central it is possible to remotely turn ON the device (also in stealth mode so nobody can see that it is starting) in order to check vehicle position, internal audio listening and other data.
- Ghost Mode: It is possible to set the device so that after pressing the shutdown button the system goes on stealth mode instead of turning OFF. This feature is useful if you want the device to remain always ON (it turns OFF only the display, reducing power consumption) or in an alarm situation.
- Alarm managing: If system is OFF and alarm button is pressed the system can be started in stealth mode, so nobody can see that the system starts. On this special start the system can be programmed for example to send an alarm message to the central, GPS position or also screenshots or audio.
The Device can withstand glitches at car start, or power loss problems thanks to the UPS Battery system, that is automatically recharged.
The AITP processor gives time to user applications and Windows to close gracefully and safely in case of sudden disconnection of the Main Power.