Primary CPU is VIA EDEN ULV 500MHz, VIAC7-M 1GHz or VIAC7-M 1.5GHz with CX 700 Companion chipset (additional processing power for 3D graphics, multimedia, and streaming functions) and the x86 architecture allows this Device to supply a remarkable flexibility and efficiency in computing power.
Secondary CPU AITP (Automotive Intensive Task Processor) supplies the necessary functionalities in the automotive field, like power management, Safe Shutdown, Wheel Pulses Odometer, Distance and Speed calculation, Wake-Up on Ring, Over-the-Air services for software and firmware updates.
The AITP is OTA programmable for remote automatic firmware upgrade, and is always powered ON; it can turn-ON and OFF the Device and all its peripherals.
IDEAL FOR FLEET MANAGEMENT AND JOB DISPATCHING
Its modem GPRS/EDGE (optionally also UMTS) allows very reliable communication with operating headquarters. The vehicle is located by the high performance GPS U-Blox 5 receiver with 50 channels, and compatible with the new European positioning system GALILEO.
Both GPS and GPRS modules can be powered ON and OFF regardless of Windows status.
An Hardware MUX Port is available which allows to send AT commands to the modem while the device is connected in GPRS, for example to request connection status, signal diagnostic and modem statistics.
All the communication and tracking features are assured by the AITP processor even when the Device is powered OFF: the GPS and GPRS modules are managed by the AITP both for power supply and for communication.
CUSTOMIZABLE USER INTERFACE
The 6.4 inches 4:3 clear readable TFT Displays with VGA (640 x480 resolution) allow to develop versatile and high accessible applications, thanks also to the integrated TouchScreen controller, and to the 5 keys with LEDs available.
Hardware Keys avoid consumption and damage of Touch Screen for heavily used operations.
The ambient light sensor allows to choose an optimal brightness of the display in any environmental light.
The power key is a Smart Power Button, completely programmable and used to perform several important tasks such as:
- normal press to start from System Disk
- long press to start from Hidden Disk or SDHC Card
- long press to Shutdown O.S. safely
Can be also disabled or programmed to trigger Ghost Mode (fake shutdown).
TRIPLE BOOT FEATURE
Through this powerful functionality is possible to restore and to update the enti re system anytime, starting from user applicati on up to the complete operating system and all the CPU firmwares.
The system is able to boot from three different disks:
- Flash Disk, used for applications and data, visible by O.S.
- Protected Hidden Disk, used for emergency boot, write protected with hardware signal, against undesired writings and not visible or accessible by Windows CE, even in case of crashes.
- SDHC for large data storage (large maps, images, movies, logs) and for service (system initialization or restore).
Stealth mode is a special operating mode in which the system is working but the display is OFF.
This feature can be useful in several situations:
- Driver Control: System has also the wakeup-on-ring feature, so at the central it is possible to remotely turn-ON the device (also in stealth mode so nobody can see that it is starting) in order to check vehicle position, internal audio listening and other data.
- Ghost Mode: It is possible to set the device so that after pressing the shutdown button the system goes on stealth mode instead of turning OFF. This feature is useful if you want the device to remain always ON (it turns OFF only the display, reducing power consumption) or in an alarm situation.
- Alarm managing: If system is OFF and alarm button is pressed the system can be started in stealth mode, so nobody can see that the system starts. On this special start the system can be programmed for example to send an alarm message to the central, GPS position or also screenshots or audio.
The Device can withstand glitches at car start, or power loss problems thanks to the UPS Battery system, that is automatically recharged.
The AITP processor gives time to user applications and Windows to close gracefully and safely in case of sudden disconnection of the Main Power.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
The Device supplies a wide range of communication channels with the external environment: two USB Host and up to 8 Serial Ports.
The special programmable digital inputs and outputs allow to control devices and read signals coming from generic external equipments.
A Build-In RGB Video Grabber Input can be used to acquire Analog video streaming and save images coming from a security camera, or to show realtime fluid videos (Full screen or window overlay mode).
A Device digital output is dedicated to power-ON the camera and its IR LEDs if needed. After connecting an external source, videos can be shown on a secondary VGA display, for example for advertising or leisure.